For convenience, I will now publish and update the changelog directly to this thread. The thread is reversed, to ensure that you can see the latest update first. Everytime I push an update this post will also move up on the community page, you cannot miss a cool update anymore!
Improved usability on mobile:
- Split bars now react to touch events
- You can draw sprites on touch screens
- You can paint maps on touch screens
- User statistics and achievements!
- track how many lines of code you wrote, how many pixels you drew and more!
- receive XP points for working on your microStudio projects and level up!
- Be rewarded by unlocking achievements (already 43 achievements to unlock, more to come!)
- Compare your stats and achievements with other users by visiting their profile page
Many thanks to @Tournebulle for creating most of the achievements icons in this release ; thanks to @Microrfew for participating in the design of the "level design" (map editor) achievements images!
Special thanks to @FeniX for doing most of the hard work for this update
- Export your project (creates a ZIP archive which can serve as backup or to transfer the project to another install of microStudio)
- Import a project (from a previously exported ZIP archive)
- Sounds! Drop your wav files into your project and play them from your code
- Music! Drop your mp3 files into your project and play music from your code
- Added options to enable / disable warnings in the console
- Temporary fix for disappearing public projects (limit raised from 100 to 300 projects, will now rework that page)
- New split bar when opening a public project from the Explore section
Note about sounds: when exporting a project to HTML5, the sounds can only play when the page is hosted on a HTTP server ; sounds will not play when the page is opened with the file:// protocol.
- code editor: You can now change the font size
- code editor: Search button to find string in code (you can also use Ctrl+F)
- Your Patreon badge is now displayed with your username in the public projects and comments
- assign all kind of property names when creating an object, with double quotes:
myobj = object
x = 1
"-this doesn't need to be a legal identifier-" = 2
- you can also use quotes to access a property name which isn't an identifier
myvar."-this isn't even an id-" or
- You can now see the byte size of your project files (project settings tab)
- Gamepad triggers (B6 and B7) are now continuous (range from 0 - released to 1 - fully pressed)
- Fixed a bug with cloning a project adding a main source file with default draw, update, init, when the cloned project doesn't have a main file
- microScript update:
- object member functions now operate primarily in the object scope ; assigning a value to a variable creates a field in the object ; global scope can still be addressed in object member functions by using the
global object such as in
global.x = 10 ; this is to be consistent with the upcoming classes and instanciated objects.
a = object
value = 5
set = function(v)
value = v
a.set(5) will assign 5 to
a.value, rather than global variable
- I hope you like the new microStudio icon :-)